Improved patient care depends on holistic measures that resolve health problems and improve patient care. Today, chronic diseases- heart and liver disease, arthritis, stress, fatigue and anxiety are common place ailments. They should not be. With the Health Reform Act, more people will have health care, and that is a good thing. But who is advocating the "health" in "healthcare?"
Doctors, hospitals and clinics may not be as excited to treat more patients--particularly if it means less fees or absurd low contract rates. It seems as though the pharmaceutical companies WILL be happy and more profitable. After all, a wider patient base means more prescription drugs bought and used, thus more profits.
What is wrong with this picture? More drugs? Increased chronic disease and skyrocketing morbidity rates? Where is the focus on wellness?
Where is the education on wholesome nutrition, diet, and lifestyle change? Where is the attention to" health'?
TCM seeks to improve and better your health more naturally. Change is coming. Thirty-eight percent of Americans use at least one form of alternative care according to the NationalCenter for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Among children age 17 years and younger, usage is 12%.
I applaud the parents taking preventive and healthy measures to insure their children's' quality of life and healthy longevity.
We as a nation are sick of being sick.
7 Reasons to try something different!
Traditional Chinese Medicine (includes Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine) makes a different in your health:
1. It stands the test of time (5000 years old) in treating the root cause of disease. It doesn't just mask the symptoms like Western medicine (200 years old), but in many, many cases can restore your health so you don't need medications.
2. It supports your immune system and often keeps you from getting sick in the first place. This is a precursor not addressed in Western medicine. Western medicine happens after the fact. In effect, it can reduce chronic illness and autoimmune disorders like arthritis and heart disease.
3. TCM discusses lifestyle, good nutrition and healthy diet changes as part of your treatment. This affects how you can get well.
4. TCM reduces stress in the body which benefits your nervous system.
5. TCM addresses emotions, anxiety, depression and insomnia- also silent killers in there own right
6. TCM is CHEAPER. Why not "nip the problem in the bud," so you don't need drugs in the first place. If it keeps you well, you will need less medical care, les medication in the long run and improve your quality of life.
It encourages healthy eating and exercise as part of your individual health reform. Maybe alternative care will now get the attention it deserves in improving patient care and treatment outcomes. The bottom line per family, per community, city, state and nation benefits physically as well as fiscally.
1 | 2