|621 Pages |
Publication Date: 1993
Size: 7" x 10"
List Price: $37.50
List Price: $75.00
"This book has been skillfully edited by Drs. Lehrer and Woolfolk in such a manner as to provide the busy hypnotherapist clinician with a detailed reference manual that will assist in determining alternative approaches to stress management."
-American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis
"The editors have done a masterful job in reviewing these and also in updating topics previously covered...The authors of each of these chapters have all been carefully selected, and in most instances are the preeminent authorities in their specific areas of expertise....This book should be of inestimable value for anyone interested in any aspect of stress management."
-The Newsletter of the American Institute of Stress
Valuable to a wide array of clinicians and researchers in the field of stress management.
Serves as an ideal classroom text for advanced courses in stress management, biofeedback and self-regulation, abnormal psychology, systems of psychotherapy, behavior therapy, health psychology, behavioral medicine, and preventive health care.
| || |
The definitive resource for the field, Principles and Practice of Stress Management, 2nd Edition, is the only complete stress management reference in which methods are described by the author most closely associated with an established technique.
1. The Context of Stress Management, Woolfolk & Lehrer.
Section II. Stress Management Methods.
2. Progressive Relaxation: Origins, Principles, and Clinical Applications, McGuigan.
3. Progressive Relaxation: Abbreviated Methods, Bernstein & Carlson.
4. Yoga-Based Therapy, Patel.
5. Modern Forms of Mediation, Carrington.
6. Hypnosuggestive Approaches to Stress Reduction: Data, Theory, and Clinical Applications, Barber.
7. The Autogenic Training Method of J.H. Schultz, Linden.
8. Autogenic Biofeedback in Psychophysiological Therapy and Stress Management, Norris & Fahrion.
9. Biofeedback Methods in the Treatment of Anxiety and Stress Disorders, Stoyva & Budzynski.
10. The Role of Respiration in Stress and Stress Control: Toward a Theory of Stress as a Hypoxic Phenomenon, Fried.
11. Cognitive Approaches to Stress, Beck.
12. Stress Inoculation Training: A 20-Year Update, Meichenbaum.
13. Music Therapy and Stress Management, Maranto.
14. The Use of Aerobic Exercise as a Method of Stress Management, Fillingham & Blumenthal.
15. Pharmacological Approach to the Management of Stress and Anxiety Disorders, Papp & Gorman.
16. Specific Effects of Stress Management Techniques, Lehrer & Woolfolk.
17. Research on Clinical Issues in Stress Management, Lehrer & Woolfolk.
18. Differential Effects of Stress Management Therapies on Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, Lehrer, Carr, Sargunaraj, & Woolfolk.
19. Differential Effects of Stress Management Therapies in Behavioral Medicine, Lehrer, Carr, Sargunaraj, & Woolfolk.