Acupuncture is clinically proven to accelerate the healing of sports injuries. Integrating Western and Eastern treatment makes the most sense and can fully restore chronic and acute injuries in many cases. You often heal quickly, fully, and with improved performance.
Acupuncture is commonly used for:
- Acute strains/spasms and sprains- an acute injury is often a sprain or strain. Sprains involve the ligaments and strains involve muscles or tendons. Besides pain, the typical inflammatory response may include swelling of the injured area, redness, purple skin discoloration, or reduced range of motion of the joint. Prolonged inflammation can cause scar tissue formation and may prevent you from re-gaining proper joint mobility. Spasms are extreme tightening of the muscles"ouch!
- Chronic pain/pain management- All too often, a patient accepts his/her level of immobility and function. This causes depression. You can improve the quality of your life through acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture relieves and often eliminates many aches and pains.
- Strengthening and restoring the body from injuries: Are you using Tylenol or Advil daily for pain? Not good in the long run! Most pain-relief and anti-inflammatory medications provide excellent short-term pain-relief by blocking the production of pain-causing substances. They reduce pain by increasing circulation and decreasing your body's sensitivity to it. However, this process decreases the blood supply to the muscles and joints, creating other muscular, ligament, and joint problems in the long term, preventing true recovery. Tight muscles with poor circulation are fatigued easily and are more prone to injury. Long term stress on the body is a problem that causes more degeneration, and it is harsh on your liver and kidneys. Acupuncture and natural herbal formulas get to the bottom of the problem, and are safer for you.
- Arthritis/joint conditions- interfere with daily activities. Arthritis is an autoimmune disease, but often occurs with chronic or repetitive injuries. Due to the pain and stiffness, you may have trouble exercising, getting out of bed, writing, sewing, buttoning clothes, dressing, walking, or climbing stairs. Often some days are better than others, and the severity of symptoms can change from day to day. Sometimes living with the loss of function and movement is more difficult than the pain of arthritis. Seek alternative treatment. All ages benefit.
- Sports performance enhancement- acupuncture strengthens body function and restores internal harmony and balance, allowing your body to work more optimally with less stress. Improved blood flow and circulation permits you to work harder with less wear and tear on your joints, muscles and ligaments. It is a mental and physical balancing.