Traditional Chinese Medicine (includes Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine) makes a different in your health:
1. It stands the test of time (5000 years old) in treating the root cause of disease. It doesn't just mask the symptoms like Western medicine (200 years old), but in many, many cases can restore your health so you don't need medications.
2. It supports your immune system and often keeps you from getting sick in the first place. This is a precursor not addressed in Western medicine. Western medicine happens after the fact. In effect, it can reduce chronic illness and autoimmune disorders like arthritis and heart disease.
3. TCM discusses lifestyle, good nutrition and healthy diet changes as part of your treatment. This affects how you can get well.
4. TCM reduces stress in the body which benefits your nervous system.
5. TCM addresses emotions, anxiety, depression and insomnia- also silent killers in there own right
6. TCM is CHEAPER. Why not "nip the problem in the bud," so you don't need drugs in the first place. If it keeps you well, you will need less medical care, les medication in the long run and improve your quality of life.
It encourages healthy eating and exercise as part of your individual health reform. Maybe alternative care will now get the attention it deserves in improving patient care and treatment outcomes. The bottom line per family, per community, city, state and nation benefits physically as well as fiscally.
7. Many insurance companies now cover acupuncture. Consumer demand may have spiked this interest, but maybe now they will support the potential health benefits TCM brings if it keeps money in their wallet. This trend is important as Western and Eastern medicine begin to co- exist in primary care. Health reform starts individually with what you can do to improve your own health. TCM helps you start on the right foot.